This course produces competent instructors for the Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) Basic Training course.
Selection Criteria: People who will serve as the Course Manager for the CERT Basic Training course and people who will be CERT Basic Training course instructors in any capacity.
Note: Individuals who conduct only one or two of the units may do so without taking the CERT TTT course. However, the CERT TTT course would give them a necessary overview of the CERT Basic Training course as well as improve their instructional skills.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the CERT Basic Training course.
- Demonstrate the ability to present an assigned portion of the course (teach-back).
- Communicate the core values of the program.
- Demonstrate classroom management techniques.
- Demonstrate effective teaching techniques.
- Model appropriate behavior as an instructor.
Mon. Jun 28, 2021 1000 - 1700
Tue. Jun 29, 2021 0900 - 1700
Wed. Jun 30, 2021 0900 - 1700
Charleston County EOC
8500 Palmetto Commerce Parkway, Ladson SC 29456
||South Carolina Emergency Management Division
||Rochester, William Daniel
Must have a referral from a CERT-sponsoring agency. The CERT-sponsoring agency could be a local, regional, or state government agency.
If the CERT TTT course is sponsored by a state CERT coordinating agency, must have approval from that agency as well.
Must have taken the CERT Basic Training course.
|# Open Seats
|# on Wait List
Offering Specific Information
Travel reimbursement is not available for this offering.