This course is designed to provide participants with the knowledge and skills needed to design and implement an evacuation and re-entry plan for their jurisdictions. It uses a community’s vulnerability analysis and evacuation plan. It also addresses evacuation behavior and recommends methods to make evacuation and re-entry more efficient. This course does not address the decision to evacuate or re-enter.
At the conclusion of this workshop, participants should be able to:
- Describe types of situations that necessitate evacuation.
- Describe the types of modeling tools for evacuation planning.
Target Audience and Prerequisites
The target audience for this course will encompass primarily the following professional groups:
- Emergency Managers
- State, local, tribal and territorial elected officials
- Road and bridge supervisory personnel
- Office of Emergency Management personnel
- City Planning Director
- Emergency Operations Center Team
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Wed. Jan 22, 2020 0800-1700
Beaufort County Sheriff's Office/EOC
Beaufort SC 29902
||South Carolina Emergency Management Division
||TBD, To Be Determined
||Course Hours: 12
|# Open Seats
|# on Wait List
Offering Specific Information